Monday, August 24, 2009

On the Road Again!!!!!




So about two weeks ago, my father and I boldly packed up all my things in Houston… and headed out on an 18 hour-drive to Durham, North Carolina. Obviously, 18 hours in a budget truck isn’t ideal, but I had to do it. If I had to do it with anyone, I’m glad I got to do it with my Father. We don’t really get talk freely about life that often. I’m very seldom home for long enough to have that time with him. While 18 hours didn’t make up for the three years I spent away from Chicago and home, I did get a chance to learn a lot about my dad, and him with me. Its so funny, because he tells me that he’s proud that I turn out differently than him in some aspects, and I tell him I wish I was more like him!!!
A Photo of my father, my Aunt, and I.




We drove through Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, and North Carolina. As we got out trip started out of Houston… shizzle began to hit the fan! The battery in our Budget Truck died! That threw a little bit of a wrench in our plans… We had to jump start the Budget Truck from my Jeep. Once that finished we were set and on our way!

3 A.M. – Saturday August 15th -Somewhere in Alabama

So after driving most of the night, my father and were delirious and exhausted, yet we didn’t want to stay in a hotel. We were trying to make it to Durham so that I could move on Saturday. With that, we pulled into this truck stop area in Alabama to sleep for a few hours in the truck. That didn’t really happen. We were both paranoid about area were in. We slept for five minutes and got back on the road for another hour or so. We eventually made it to Georgia were we stopped for three or four hours before continuing our journey.
While on my way to North Carolina, I received a phone call from the Apartment Complex I was living in. About a week ago they had confirmed that I was approved to move in, but then called me as I was en route to NC to tell me that they had not heard back from my apt references. Sounds like some bullshit right?? What was I suppose to do in a Budget Truck in Atlanta Georgia huh??? So I had to find phone numbers to my old landlords and call them… Luckily, Ms. Hansel, my landlord in Boston was really supportive and excited to lend a hand to help me out. She call the place and gave them an amazing recommendation for me. I’m not really feeling this apartment complex at the moment.

7:30 P.M. Saturday, August 15th, Durham, NC

We arrived late in Durham, NC, but nonetheless, we finally made it. We had to stay at the Red Roof Inn because the Apartment complex was closed and wouldn’t be open until Monday (that’s another story and some B.S. to it)

Don't stay at the Red Roof Inn in Durham... they make you pay for internet!!! But the desk woman was nice to my dad and I and gave us the hook up at the Texas Roadhouse restaurant! So I guess that cancel out paying 7 bucks for internet.

No comments: