Sunday, August 23, 2009

500 Days of Summer



So during all this craziness I managed to check this movie out. It stars Joseph Gordon- Leavitt, and Zoey Deschanel. It about a boy (Tom) and girl(Summer) whom meet and have different expectations on what their current romantic situation is. The Guy- believes that he has meet "the girl" and The Girl, is not really looking for anything serious, and doesn't believe in "love", but enjoys her time with Tom.

Tom spends the entire movie... living in this relationship both in his head and on Summer's Terms.

The Movie teaches several really hard lessons about relationships, love, and life. While some of these aren't my thoughts and I'll give credit to people whom I've had conversation with about the movie, here are what those lesson could be.

1.Communication is so key, in expressing feelings and there is no substitution for that! Even with the blog..this is after having these thoughts and reflection in my head.

2. Loving someone means being honest and upfront!

3. Love yourself, hold yourself in high regard.. don't let the idea of love force you to compromise you or your expectations.

4. There is a difference between that sick and crazy love that you experience and the real love.

5. You'll meet people whom could be the one, and they could not be... its a crap shoot! Regardless, you'll learn from each and that learning is so invaluable!

6. Meet people that make you want to improve aspects of your life that you struggle in, that's where person growth happen.

That's all I have at the moment, if others have ideas or comments please post or write a comment.

I'm not a Romantic Comedy person, but enjoyed that the movie provided this thinking for me and others.

1 comment:

bleigh82 said...

I saw this movie with Seema...very good flick. Liked the scene the morning after he first got lucky with Summer, priceless. The soundtrack is very good too...I saw you had a Smiths song on you last post, check out the whole album for sure.