Sunday, August 30, 2009

Doing Road Work


Its Monday and it’s 6:00 a.m. It’s the beginning of the working week and the end of the weekend.

The road is calling me! Its been calling me for quite some time, but for some reason, I hear it clearly. Its calling to me sounds more fluent than normal. Maybe I was ignoring it….. actually I was ignoring it.

But today you and I are going to hang for 5k. We are going to talk, I’m going to use our time together to think about life, to over-analyze stuff, to gripe, and to celebrate. In return, you will just listen. Your unbiased silence is all that I need in return.

The alarm clock is going off… and as easy as it would be for me to just reset to 7a.m., this is has to become habit for me. I look forward to our talks! I’ll be out in a couple of minutes……

No comments: