Sunday, June 14, 2009

Hot Town Cool City DAY #1: Take 2


http://www.hottowncoolcity.org/view/site/locationsall/


The Chocolate Bar
11835 West Alabama 713.520.8599







The Chocolate Bar....... Again this is one of those places that you could probably loose all of your teeth by simply walking in. It was an extremely overwhelming experience going into this place. It was like a scene out of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I expected the entire store including the seats to be made out of chocolate. But, the place it crazy. It is a very cool place to take a date, From Ice cream to just gold brick of chocolate they have it at this store. They also have this really cool Ice Hot Chocolate... Chocolatta, which is BANANAS!!! It was like eating/drinking a frozen chocolate! While I knew it was all chocolate it was still a shock that it was so damn rich!!! I told the woman I was a bit overwhelmed by the experience!!!

The Houston Center of Photography
1441 West Alabama 713.529.4755






So I believe that this is apart of the Menil Collection. This is a cool little gallery. There are three exhibits currently there.. The photography is breath-taking. I have never really got into art like that. They said a picture can say or tell a thousand words! I should take more pictures then!! The photographs really tell stories and have lots emotions in them. If you have any interest in Photography, this place would make you want to take classes. There was this one exhibit where you walked into this dark room and there are two different scenes going on. The name of the exhibit was On Joy, On Sorrow. The scenes are suppose to produce feelings of both of those emotions. I think that it depends on your disposition regarding which one gives you either emotion.

There is a library, dark room, and work studio for people that want to photo shop, edit and print their work. I liked the place. I would like to come back when the artistic are revealing their work. This is also a cool place for a date if you are into art and photography. Plus its FREE!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Angelo! It's Kat from CS - I saw your blog posted on Facebook. What a great idea! I love The Chocolate Bar and can't wait to see where else you go. (The Orange Show is a favorite, but it's a bit on the weird side.) Maybe you'll prove to the world that Houston's not as bad as it sounds. Have fun exploring and drink a St. Arnold's for me!

Unknown said...

Hey hey, Angelo! It's Trace, droppin by to say, you're makin me wanna come to Houston! Love the blog, keep it going! The key to loving a city is really knowing a city!